Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the ambitious 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' (Clean India Mission) on 2nd October 2014 on the ocassion of Mahatama Gandhi's 145th birth anniversary.The government is aiming to achieve an Open-Defecation Free (ODF) India by 2 October 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, by constructing 12 million toilets in rural India, at a projected cost of Rs. 1.96 lakh crore (US$29 billion).Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke of the need for toilets in his 2014 Independence Day speech stating,
Has it ever pained us that our mothers and sisters have to defecate in open? Poor womenfolk of the village wait for the night; until darkness descends, they can`t go out to defecate. What bodily torture they must be feeling, how many diseases that act might engender. Can't we just make arrangements for toilets for the dignity of our mothers and sisters?
— Narendra Modi
- 31,83,000 toilets were built between April 2014 and January 2015,.
- Our organisation also took a pledge among other organisations to make this mission a success.
- Our NGO constructed around 5000 toilets in the district.
- We are looking forward to take more such steps in order to make this cleanliness drive a huge success.
- Participation from interested people will be praise-worthy
- We want our country to be recognized among the cleanest countries in the world.
- It's a shame on us that Foreigners who visit our country make fun of our country due to the open-defecation, excretion on the streets as well as the staining of walls due to Pan spits.
- In some countries, even throwing a small chocolate wrapper anywhere other than the bins is a offence by law. (We should take some lessons from such countries)
- Its high time we should gear up and make our country a beautiful place to live and save our future generations from shame.
- We would be glad to get more support from people like you in order to make our dream as well as Modi Ji's dream of a cleaner India a true success story.